My good friend KB turned the big 4-0 last week and we celebrated last night with lots of cocktails, dancing and general tomfoolery. I really don’t go “out out” very often (because dealing with two toddlers while nursing a hangover is like going to a rock concert with a migraine), but after a few glasses of wine and two double Grey Goose and cranberries, 25-year-old Rhonda showed up … dancing and ordering shots.
And I almost pulled off the whole “38 is the new 25 thing”, but here is how I know that a.) I cannot party like a 20 year old, and b.) I was way over served last night.
- I convinced my husband to stop at Jack in the Box at 1:30 a.m. where I proceeded to order a very large hamburger and an egg roll.
- My bar tab – $160
- First thought this morning … “I hope no one publishes any of those photos to Facebook/Blogger/MySpace” (And immediately sent text messages to every one with a camera).
- Drove to Sonic at 9:00 a.m. to order a Coke for breakfast
- Took my first shot of Jagermeister in well over 15 years
- The faint memory of dancing to the Flo Rida song “Low,” and slapping my own ass in a public place.
— The B.S. Cafe is now serving shots of “Act your age.”