(Note: This would have been posted on Wednesday if I had pushed “publish” instead of “save” – argh.)
WTF is up with my cat? Deuce (or Deucebag, as Scarlett calls him) isn’t even a year old, and he has already become a complete lazy ass. I took two photos so you would believe me when I tell you that this cat can’t be bothered to stand or even sit up to eat. He just lays on the counter and throws his head into the bowl.
Granted, this harsh judgement is coming from the woman who eats while watching The Biggest Loser, but still. I’m almost 40. Deucebag is in the prime of his life. By the time he’s 10, we will have to get the fire department to cut down a wall, so he can visit the vet.
Did you miss me? I can’t believe it has been a month since I posted. What a loser! Life kind of jumped in and kicked my butt these last few weeks, but that won’t happen again. Here’s a quick recap:
- Promotion at work (celebrated for two days)
- Third annual trip to Lake Austin Spa with my BFF from high school (also bought ridiculously expensive purse at Gucci outlet to celebrate promotion – traumatized self for a week)
- Rock Band slumber party with closest friends. Partied til 4 a.m.
- Fell deathly ill with a flu/strep throat/sinusitis combo the next day (SuperBowl Sunday – missed the party!) and had to stay quarantined in my bedroom for NINE LONG DAYS (so the hubby and kiddos wouldn’t get sick)
- Tried to play catch up at work and home for three days
- Went to the Mom 2.0 Summit last Friday and Saturday – had a blast!
So the Mom 2.0 Summit was incredibly inspiring and thought-provoking and just plain fun. Meeting women who are so talented and successful and doing things on their own terms (and putting faces with blogs that I have been reading for years — even Dooce was there!) reminded me why I started this blog in the first place (almost five years ago!).
And one of the major highlights was — riding in the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile! I rode “shotbun” around downtown Houston, waving at people and acting like a rock star. If you ever get the opportunity, I suggest you take it. Nothing puts a smile on your face like riding in a wiener.
I convinced Amanda (PR maven and new partner in crime) to go along for the ride!